Islands have gained importance for the following reasons:
- Adds more storage area with drawers and shelves.
- Kitchen islands can be a place for family time.
- With additional seating it can act as a place for dining.
- It gives larger worktop space for more people to work.
- Appliances such as stove or sink can be placed on the island.
Design considerations of an island- One needs to know that there should be sufficient space around the island to move while cooking. Another aspect is that the work triangle should not be disturbed. The concept of island can be well incorporated in your kitchen prioritising its functionality.